Wednesday, May 7, 2008

RSS Feeds indeed

I have been trialling the new way to use the Web by subscribing via RSS feeder. The Google Reader is pretty cool and is very easy to use. I try to subscribe to Jon Faine's "Conversation hour" via the ABC webpage and it was a complete disaster. I am not sure who designs and maintains the ABC site but it's very cumbersome and hard to navigate, maybe Rudd can give them some more money to hire a decent webdesigner who knows what he's doing.

Anyway, I manged to subscribe to Jon Faine's Conversation Hour using the Google reader and it worked a treat.

Don't worry I haven't forgotten to sunscribe to couple of other blogs about libraries. The question now is, is there any way to ling my subscriptions to my blog? Can anyone help?

3 comments:

Volvo said...

Now now, Dr Who you must admit, did come in handy? That's okay. But wait till I update, you aint' seen nothing yet!

Pie Tragic said...

Great to see you becoming active again Volvo!

Disgraceful said...

Hi Pie Tragic - setting up RSS feeds in Outlook is a little more work, but saves having yet another screen open.

Hopefully there will already by an RSS feed folder in your mailbox. Click on the folder and Outlook gives you a nice information screen, but to get the real instructions, you need to click on the 'How to add an RSS feed' link which shows up in blue.

It's a little more cumbersome but I felt it was worth it !!

Good luck